Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here Goes Everything!

Welcome to my little project. This year I will turn 35. Well... in 31 days exactly. This morning while laying in bed I realized that, in all reality, my life is half over. Scary. It made my stomach turn a little bit. I have an amazing life. I am so lucky and so blessed. What have I done to make it more awesome or to show my Heavenly Father how thankful I am for it and how his blessings have not been given in vein.

Enter my project. I have decided that my half life birthday year will be spent in bettering myself. In lots of ways. I realize that in one year, most of my life will remain exactly the same. But the things I am hoping to change/ work on / improve on I hope will have changed my life and outlook on life for the better.

I am one of those people that is always looking for the next thing that is going to make me happy. I'll be happy when..... Well...guess what? That 10 pounds will probably never go away, I will probably continually stick my foot in my mouth, my children will probably still be disobedient and I will never have the perfect body.

Today I decided that it's okay. All I need to do is try and that the outcome of things is up to God but my reaction to these things is what makes me the kind of person I am. I'm ready to change. I'm ready to be more patient, more kind, more giving, more understanding of others, less judgemental and just more Christlike.

Here goes nothing.....

Here are some of the things I am hoping to work on this year.

-Being more grateful for what I have and recognizing how blessed I am
-Being a more 'hands on' mom
-Spending more time serving others
-Making cleaning and organizing a daily habit
-Becoming more spiritually satisfied

Thanks for joining me on my journey. Any comments are welcome, just be nice :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome....good stuff!!! If you're not doing the stuff you LOVE to do often, you're not living! Positivity is what makes life awesome, negativity is what makes it suck! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already think you're the best! OK I'm gonna be better too. Love your face. Hill

    ReplyDelete