Saturday, February 4, 2012

Organization makes me smile!

I'm not sure if it is the invention and recent obsession with "Pinterest" or if it is just the fact that I have five people to keep organized and from drowning in "stuff" but organization makes me smile. Seriously. I have done nothing but organize for like a week. I am giddy about it. I absolutely can't help but smile in my heart when I open a drawer or open a cupboard and everything is in it's place. I know it won't last, but I have a moment of heart happiness. Love.

The tricky part to this is the fact that the older my kids get, the more responsibility they are given. Meaning, my 12 year old unloads the dishwasher and puts the dishes away. The older two are responsible for folding and putting away their own laundry. This is a double edged sword. It relieves a bit of my stress but also makes me twitch. I can organize until I drop but if no one else cares and doesn't respect the "bins" then it really doesn't matter..... any suggestions?? Seriously. Because if the beauty that is my pantry isn't beautiful tomorrow....some one's gonna die. But seriously. Seriously.

I am in the process of revamping my pantry and found some cool ideas.... of course from Pinterest but they are in the making (thanks to my handy dandy retired father in law who loves projects). I just might post a picture of my pantry on here. For me... that is huge.

p.s. who ever named it the junk drawer? That just screams disorganization and crap drawer. I am thinking or renaming it the organized and pretty drawer... think it'll work? Oh well. I will sleep well tonight knowing the my powdered sugar is pretty and my fruit snacks are separated from my granola bars....

No comments:

Post a Comment