Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Potion That Changed My Life.... SWEAR!!!

My dearest friends. I am sure you are dying to know about this potion. It must be magical for the way it has affected my life. Yes. Yes it is and yes yes it has. It is no ordinary magical potion. It is the super awesome, cheap, homemade kind. The best kind!!!

My shower has always been a.... shameful thing. I love this shower. It is big, it is where I get clean...all the things a shower should do/be. However, I have never been able to get it all the way clean. Don't get me wrong, I clean it all the time but I don't think in 8 years of living in this house that I have ever finished cleaning it and felt like it was even remotely clean. I'm not sure if Santaquin has unusually hard water or what but that stuff is crazy! I had resigned myself to a life of nasty showerness. I can not even tell you how much money I have invested in "the next best thing" to clean this. Every product to remove soap scum, hard water build up. I own it. You name it, I have tried it, I own it. They don't work. Seriously.

So when I found this on Pinterest I figured, why not. I've tried everything else, I may as well try this one. With absolutely no expectations I gave it a shot.

It worked. It so worked!!! It worked crazy, awesome, amazingly well!! Seriously, it was pulling stuff off my floor and walls that had been there since the first shower, I swear. I am so beyond excited, I know. I really need to get a life. But in my progress to become a better housekeeper, this has like lifted my "Betty Homemaker" spirits so high I feel like I could do anything!!! Okay. Not really, but dang my shower sure is clean ;) So.....here it is.

Amazing Shower Cleaning Recipe

1 cup white warm vinegar (I just put mine in the microwave for about 1 minute)
1 cup BLUE Dawn dishsoap (apparently the color matters...)

-Pour both into a spray and mix gently. Spray to surface and let sit for 12 hours. (Honestly, mine only sat for 2 or 3 and it worked that well....)

-Wipe clean with a wet sponge and then rinse.

-Ta Da!!! Best shower ever!!!

Please try it and let me know what you think or if you have, please let me know what you think?

I think I will make a fresh batch each time, if the vinegar needs to be warm that is probably the best idea. I don't think I want to nuke dawn dish soap... you never know!!

(Yeah, I wasn't about to take a picture of my shower. I would never be able to be seen in public ever again. Oh the shame!)

No comments:

Post a Comment